The per-page rates refer to proofreading standard, clean, double-spaced, 25-line legal transcripts. I can do a more thorough job if you provide the cover and appearance pages.
Standard48-72 weekday hours
Expedited24 or less weekday hours
Agency rates are negotiated on a case-by-case basis.
I will let you know after reading the first 10 to 15 pages if any upcharges are necessary.
- More than 25 lines per page
- Heavy Technical/Medical/Expert Terminology
- Messy transcripts
- Technical jobs may receive an upcharge for extra time and research due to large amounts of technical terminology.
- Messy jobs are those that haven’t been scoped or that contain excessive errors.
- I will be able to spend more time catching those tricky, less-obvious errors if your transcript is as close to turn-in ready as possible, which will give you a more polished final product!
TurnaroundAll times referenced are in the Central Time Zone.
- Rates apply based on when the PDF-formatted job is received and when it’s due, with the time applied to each section as received if the job is split.
- Transcripts received after 8:00 p.m. are considered to be received at 8:00 a.m. the following morning unless you have alerted me prior to 8:00 p.m. of an incoming rush or expedited need.
- Weekends and holidays are typically charged at the standard rate. Saturday and Sunday combined count as one day. For example, work received at 9:00 a.m. or before on Friday and needed at 9:00 a.m. or later on Monday would be charged at the standard rate. Exceptions may apply.